General Privacy Statement Relating to Switch Distribution
This Privacy Statement describes how Switch Distribution collects and uses Personal information that we obtain when you visit or use our website, or that we otherwise collect in connection with enrolling or providing online services including our period ezines. The purpose of this policy is to comply with Data Protection Acts including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from 25 May 2018.
“Personal information” means all information that relates to an identified or an identifiable individual”.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We collect information about you when you visit our website, when you receive one of our ezines or faxes, or when you contact us directly for example at an exhibition or other event.
We may use this information along with other information collected or generated during our relationship with you online, over the telephone or through our personal interactions.
We will NOT collect any ‘sensitive personal’ or ‘special category’ data from you.
Customers and Non-Customers:
Additionally, we may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways including the following:
- Through online forms in the event we add one to our websites
- Through the process of maintaining and upgrading our services
- Through means such as communications protocols i.e. phone and personal visits, email communications and cookies on our website.
- Through your use of social media
- Through your interest in websites which are managed by Switch Distribution
When you use our websites or ezines, we also collect information about*:
- The domain and host from which you access the Internet,
- Mobile device geolocation, information about your device (such as device type),
- browser and operating system software
- the date and time you access our websites
- social profile and network information
* All only where applicable
Website, use of analytics tools and online marketing:
In general, you can browse our web site without giving us any personal information.
We use products to analyse traffic to our web site (Google Analytics) in order to understand our visitors’ needs and to continually improve our website for them as well as Google Adwords tools to provide us with statistics relating to the use of our website and show you advertisements for our products and services which we think may be of interest to you as you browse other websites. You can find out more about Google’s analytics service at http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/ privacyoverview.html and about ads settings at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
We use a third-party provider to deliver our emails and faxes. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our services.
For those who have had contact with Switch Distribution in the past and given us verbal permission or otherwise to contact you in relation to the sharing of information regarding Switch Distribution Products, Service and Industry Updates, we currently hold the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Job Title
- Your email address
- Your Company Name
- Your Company Postal Address
- Your Company Fax Number
- Your Company Phone Number
This information is updated on an annual basis by means of our staff members phoning you or your company directly to ensure that the person receiving our regular contacts is the most appropriate person to receive the contact.
Where you receive regular ezines from Switch Distribution, each ezine will have the facility to “Opt Out” of any future contacts. This Opt Out facility will be clearly marked and easy for the user to complete.
Where you have previously given Switch permission to contact you, using information you have supplied yet no longer wish to hear from us in relation to information on product information and industry/price updates, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our contact lists.
For those customers who have purchased from Switch Distribution in the past, we hold the following information:
- Contact information including your name, job title, company, email address(es), landline telephone number(s), mobile telephone number(s) and postal address(es).
- Your payment and delivery details including billing and delivery addresses.
- Details of products you have purchased from us.
This information is stored on our internal CRM system. This system is for internal use only and the information contained in this is not shared with a third party.
What is the legal basis for Switch Distribution collecting information from you?
Switch Distribution will collect data from you for the following legal reasons:
CONSENT: This relates to when you have given us your CONSENT to contact you by signing up for eBulletins, by way of business and personal interactions and by providing your contact information to our staff members as part of our Annual Database Update telephone process.
LEGITIMATE INTERESTS: To allow us to pursue our LEGITIMATE INTERESTS as a company operating in the B2B sector.
What do we do with the information we gather?:
We use the information we collect from you to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- For the delivery of goods and services.
- To send update emails, faxes and postal mailings or to talk to you about new products, special offers, training opportunities, legislation updates, pricing changes, product discontinuations, or any other information we think you will find of interest.
- For market research purposes.
- For internal record keeping.
- To conduct our legitimate business interests with you.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
the right to access your personal data
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- where you have given your consent to receive marketing communications, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
This website may include relevant hyperlinks to external websites not controlled by Guardian24. Whilst all reasonable care has been exercised in selecting and providing any such links, you are advised to exercise caution before clicking any external links. We cannot guarantee the ongoing suitability of external links, nor do we continually verify the safety or security of the contents which may be provided to you. You are advised, therefore, that your use of external links is at your own risk and we cannot be responsible for any damages or consequences caused by your use of them.
We may occasionally update this policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. The date at the foot of this policy will always indicate when it was last updated.
If you are not happy with the way we are using your personal data or how we facilitate your rights or comply with our obligations under applicable data protection law, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Switch Distribution Privacy Statement is last updated: 23rd May 2018
Information relating specifically to this website is documented below:
We respect your right to privacy. Visitors are advised that each time they visit a Website, two general levels of information about their visit can be retained. The first level comprises statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site. The second is information which is personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information.
The statistical and analytical information provides general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit this Website; the number of people who return to this site; the pages that they visit; where they were before they came to this site and the page in the site at which they exited. This information helps us monitor traffic on our Website so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of this site are most popular and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
Through this Website you may have an opportunity to send us information, such as through the “registration” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails, provide feedback, etc. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by this site for:
- the purposes for which it was provided by you;
- verification purposes and statistical analysis; and
- marketing and administration purposes.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information: information that is associated with your name or personal identity. The this site Website does not collect any personal data about you on this Website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example, by emailing us, or registering with us). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, and is used by this site only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
Collection and use of non-personal information
Non-personal information: data collected for statistical purposes which is not associated with a specific identity. This site collects and analyses technical information in order to evaluate our Website. The type of technical information we log is confined to the following:
- The IP address*1 of the visitor’s Web server
- The top-level domain-name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The pages visited on the this site Website, i.e. URL’s*2 visited
- The previous Website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this Website (for example, pages accessed)
*1 An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.
*2 A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.